Thursday, September 22, 2005

urban camping night #2

So we bought the 77 westy which is actually a 78. turns out that it needs much more work than we thought (about $6000 worth) but we decided to tow it to my parents and do it ourselves. right now im sitting in our avenger typing on the laptop mooching someone's wireless signal. I'm parked in front of our station wagon (hey my dad gave us his station wagon!). We decided to temporarily use it to sleep in so we bought some 83 cent rag rugs and used them and 2 of our existing towels to tuck in the plastic edging above the windows. They make excellent curtains, and while the ceiling is rather .... well.... low.... its still great to have our own space where we do not have to put anyone else out. It's at least sort of our own space. The battery is low on this laptop. It needs to be plugged in soon.

I don't quite feel homeless anymore. I still don't feel quite welcome being parked on the street this way because it seems that we are still vulnerable to speculation from people who could notice what we are doing here and report us. I think that is why we should find a couple different areas to go to... instead of always parking here on forsythe. It's getting late for me and I need to go join amber in bed. More news tomorrow...

No comments: